Littelfuse, Inc. has expanded its line of POWR-SPEED PSR series of high-speed fuses with the introduction of 275 new bolted and DIN mounting options in various sizes and amperages. The PSR series fuses are used in power-conversion and power-conditioning equipment to provide overcurrent protection for critical power semiconductor devices such as diodes, triacs, IGBTs, SCRs, and MOSFETs.
These devices are designed to reduce the amount of short-circuit current to extend the life of power semiconductors. Saving space in power systems, the square-body design accommodates up to 2,000 A with up to 70% DC interrupting rating in a smaller footprint.
Key features include:
- A selection of mounting terminations, including bladed and flush-mount options
- A unique silicon sealant that prevents filler leakage to increase fuse reliability and keep equipment safe
- Up to 20% more DC voltage in a standard package size compared to existing products
- Up to 70% more DC interrupting rating compared to existing products
- Third-party DC certification printed on the product label, along with published DC information with global certifications, which help streamline UL inspections
Applications include power-conversion device protection (UPS, inverters, rectifiers, drives), battery protection and energy-storage systems, high-power DC systems (DC common bus, DC injection braking), and power supplies. They can also be used in electric vehicle charging stations, as well as heaters and welding equipment.